The two most common bed bath and beyond coupons that the company sends out to it’s clients are the “20% off a single item coupon” and the “$5 off coupon.” The question now is which of these coupons should you use to gain the bigger discount.
Most shoppers will go the store with either of these coupons or both of them. The question we are looking at here is,
- Which of the two will give you the most savings
- Will you save the same amount of money using either coupon?
Below are pictures of the two kinds of coupons that bed bath and beyond sends to shoppers.
Unlike Micheal’s coupons, It is pretty easy to know which of the two types of coupons will produce the greatest saving before making your purchase.
- The $5 off coupon is only valid for purchases of more than $15 in value. So with any purchase of $15 or less, your only choice of coupon is the 20% off a single item.
- If the item you want to redeem the coupon on is valued at $25, then both will give you a discount of $5.
- If the item you want to purchase is priced between $15 and $25, then the $5 off will give you a bigger discount than the 20% off coupon.
- If the item you want to purchase is priced higher than $25, then the best coupon to use here is the 20% off as this will give you a higher discount than the other.
Just to illustrate the reasoning behind these conclusion, we are going to pick four items from the bed bath and beyond website to illustrate the savings that can be made. The first item is for an item priced less than $15, the second item is one priced between $15 and $25, the third item is one priced exactly $25 and the fourth item is one priced over $25.
Example 1 – Item priced below $15
In this example, the item is priced below $15 at bed bath and beyond. This means you can only use the 20% off coupon. Applying this during checkout will give you a discount of $2.99 with the item costing you $12. Here you are limited to just one coupon.
Example 2 – Item priced at $25.00
For an item priced at $25, both coupons give you the same saving
In this scenario, the item is priced at $25 exactly ( we have actually edited the price for demonstration reasons ). In this case using either coupon will give you a $5 saving making the total cost of the item $20. So you can use either coupons in this case.
Example 3 – Item priced between $15 and $25
If item is between $15 and $25, the $5 off coupon should be used
For an item priced between $15 and $25, the best coupon to use is the $5 off coupon. Let’s see why:
- If you use a 25% off coupon for this, you save $3.99 making the price of the item $16
- If you use the $5 off coupon, you save $5 making the price of the item $14.99
As you can see, the $5 off coupon saves you more in this scenario.
Example 4 – Item priced $25 or more
For items $25 and over, use the 20% off coupon
If the item is priced at $25 or over, the best coupon to use in this case is the 20% off a single item coupon. Why? Let’s find out below:
- If you apply the $5 off coupon to this item, you save $5 which makes the price of the item $84.99
- If you apply the 20% off a single item coupon to this item, you save a whopping $19.99
Clearly the best coupon to use in this case is the 20% off single item coupon.
There are other coupons besides the one’s we just used. This article focuses on just the 5% off and the 20% off printable coupon. We will be writing a more in-depth article discussing which of the bed bath and beyond coupons to use.